Join the Death Cafe hosted by Amy Kuronen, on Wednesday, February 21st, at 5:30 pm. The event will take place at the Aimclear office, 9 West Superior Street Suite 200, Duluth, MN 55802.
What is a Death Cafe?
A Death Cafe is a casual gathering where individuals come together to openly and honestly discuss death, accompanied by tea and cake. It is not a grief support group, but rather a safe space to engage in open conversations about this often-taboo topic. This unique gathering aims to increase awareness of death and inspire a deeper appreciation for life.
If you have ever wondered…?
- Who makes the decisions for my remains and my belongings?
- What should I have in place for myself or a loved one?
- How can I talk to my family about death?
Join Amy for a conversation about it and ask your questions!
This event is perfect for those who are “death curious” – individuals interested in exploring the various aspects of death, end-of-life planning, and related topics. It’s an opportunity to share experiences, thoughts, and questions in a supportive environment.
- Gain clarity: Openly discussing death can help you understand your own wishes and prepare for the future.
- Reduce anxiety: Talking about death can help normalize it and alleviate fear.
- Connect with others: Share experiences and stories with people who are “death curious” like you.
- Get informed: Learn about estate planning, healthcare directives, and other end-of-life options.
- Plus, learn how others are making the most of their time!
Host: Amy Kuronen, Duluth Attorney
Amy enriches the conversation with a blend of professional expertise and personal anecdotes. As an accomplished attorney specializing in Estate Planning and Probate, Guardianship and Conservatorship, Elder Law, Health Care Directives, Probate, and Trust Administration, she has guided numerous families, partners, and friends through the complexities surrounding the loss of loved ones. Beyond her professional role, Amy has weathered her own challenges, lending depth to her empathetic understanding. Her unique combination of legal acumen and life experience positions her as a compassionate and qualified resource for addressing questions in a heartfelt manner.
What to expect:
- Engage in open conversations about death and planning.
- Connect with like-minded individuals who share an interest in this important aspect of life.
- Enjoy refreshments in a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere.
Date: Wednesday, February 21st
Time: 5:30 PM
Location: Aimclear office, 9 West Superior Street Suite 200 Duluth, MN 55802
Snacks: Light refreshments served!
To secure your spot at this insightful gathering, RSVP on Facebook by clicking “Going” on this event. Amy needs a little bit of a head count to make sure there’s enough cake!
Amy is looking forward to having you join her for an enriching and meaningful discussion.
Let’s start the conversation!
- Learn more about Amy Kuronen: https://amykuronenlaw.com/
- Read about the Death-Positive Generation
- Read about the Death-Positive Movement
- Explore the Minnesota Death Collaborative
Remember: Death is a natural part of life. Let’s talk about it.
Feel free to reach out to Amy directly at 218-464-1459 for any inquiries or if you’d like to discuss estate planning, legalities, or the profound significance of readiness, compassion, and insight.
Future dates to come!